This Mission is pursued by:
- Fostering a process of ongoing change in favour of the rural poor in a way in which this process can be sustained by them through building and managing appropriate and innovative local level institutions based on their rights and rooted in values of justice, equity and mutual support.
- Re-creating a self-sustaining livelihood base and an environmentally clean habitat and the institutions to sustain them, based on a balanced perspective of the relationship between the health of the environment and the legitimate needs of the poor.
- Building institutions, strategies and skills through which poor families are able to secure the rights of women, children and marginalised sectors to develop their livelihood strategies leading to food security and sustained incomes.
- Promoting convergence in the PRIs that fosters effective, appropriate and timely primary health care and education and which addresses the issues related to gender, HIV/AIDS/STIs, maternal and infant mortality rates and water borne diseases in a holistic and sustainable manner.
- Strengthening producer and market institutions and communication networks between and among formal and informal institutions that can foster and sustain the livelihood strategies of the poor
- Influencing public policies in favour of the poor.